Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 eh?

The other day at work I was writing out the date "Jan. 3rd 2014". I didn't feel right. It made my feel all "no... that can't be right. That must be wrong". But nope! It's January 2014. It really really is. On one hand I'm all about embracing to new year with with projects, goals and obstacles to face. On the other   (which is how I mostly feel) I feel like I need more time and that everything is happening so fast.

As you may know, I moved to Victoria last summer and was working part-time. Then in in the Fall I was still working but also enrolled in school full-time. Man oh man was I stressed. It felt like I had no time to do everything that needed to be done let alone all the things I wanted to do (like paint my nails, watch my shows, go on dates with my boyfriend, etc.) Thankfully after 2 months or so of working 3 shifts a week, I was working only twice a week. And that really helped out. By then I was pretty behind in class (or at least I felt like it) and was too late to really improve my grades. But for second semester (starting tomorrow!) I think (and hope!) things will go a lot more smoothly.

For the second semester I don't have any classes past 1pm so that gives me lots of time for homework, running errands, house chores, etc. And I did tell my boss that I'd like to work twice a week, maybe three times a week but we'll see how things go. So I'm trying to feel positive about the next few months, hopefully all will be fine!

It's just so bizarre knowing that this is 2014, I'm in my third year of university. I'm living in an apartment with my boyfriend, 3 hours away from my family.

I guess I'm a grown up now :/

How have others coped with moving out?

No comments:

Post a Comment