Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Faux ground beef/black bean filling/mush

Here's my recipe for "mush". It's pretty weird versatile. I've used it as a replacement for ground beef in tacos, nachos, quesadillas and I've had it on toast. It can also be referred to as a spread. Basically you can use it like you would use refried beans. It's just something to add.. to food.. to make it taste... tasty.
Alright! Let's get started then :P


Ingredients:

  • garlic and onion
  • veggies (like mushroom, zucchini, green pepper, etc.)
  • oil
  • black beans
  • taco seasoning
  • water/tomato sauce/chicken stock


First chop up your garlic, onion and veggies. 


Then fry them in some oil.


Next add your black beans. And as you're adding them, try to mush them with your hand. Or you could even mush them before you add them into the frying pan. As you're cooking all of this, keep mashing the beans. You want them nice and mushy ;)


Then add some taco seasoning. I got my recipe from here.

At this point it might be a little dry, so you can add some water/tomato sauce/chicken stock to help. Then once it's all mushy and thoroughly cooked, it's done! This time I used it in a taco quesadilla type thing. It was the black bean mixture or "mush", chicken, lettuce and cheese in between two flour tortillas.



(please excuse this ugly picture, I put it up cuz I thought it would help :P)



 Ta-da! Super tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment