Saturday, February 9, 2013

Red velvet strawberry cheesecake hot cocoa!

Yes, you read that right. Red velvet strawberry cheesecake hot cocoa!  Now if you're the kind of person who is sick and tired of all those "soy, non-fat, extra espresso, no foam" kind of drinks or a bajillion flavours in one, I get you. I know this drink has a bajillion flavours in it, but it's not really thhaattt many. It doesn't taste super complex and weird. To me, it tastes like red Smarties! Super yum. Anyway, if you want to make this delicious drink, follow these simple directions.

Ingredients:























  • Milk
  • Chocolate chips
  • Strawberry cream cheese
  • Sugar
  • vanilla (optional)
  • Red food colouring

Directions
















Heat up milk and cream on the stove. Add chocolate chips and strawberry cream cheese (and vanilla if using) and stir until melted.

















Add red food colouring (looks creepy huh?) and mix
















Pour into a clear mug and enjoy!




















This recipe is based on this one here. The only change I made was the strawberry cream cheese.
Credit goes to the lovelies at A Beautiful Mess, if you haven't already, check out that blog!

I really really liked this drink. I shared it with my sister and she liked it so much that she made some more! I hope you try it out and like it as much as my sister and I did! 

2 comments:

  1. MMM THAT SOUNDS SO GOOD. SOUNDS LIKE THE PERFECT RAINY DAY DRINK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely keep this in mind for when I'm in need of a quick, chocolate-y fix.

    ReplyDelete