Sunday, February 10, 2013

Info about me

When I follow other blogs, I like to get to the know the person. Know who they are, what they've done and what they're up to. It's nice. It's like I know them personally. Then I can get all excited for them, do some BIRGing (basking in reflective glory - thank-you social psych) and it's fun! Like I made a new friend :) So I thought I'd share a bit of information with you! So let's get started, shall we?

First of all, my name is Nicola. Pronounced Nik-euh-lah. Or Nik-uh-lah. Somewhere in between. Maybe more like the latter. I'm 19 going on 20. I currently live in Vancouver B.C. living with ma folks in my childhood home. I've been living here my whole life except for 8 months while I was away for school.

For school I was living in Prince George. It was the September after high school that I left for my journey away from home. I decided on Prince george to attend the University of Northern B.C. It seemed like a good fit for me. It was small, but still a university. It was far, but not too far away from home (11 ish hour greyhound ride). It snowed there a lot. The campus looked beautiful. And it was very nature-y (trails on campus or hikes!). Although I had never really been to PG before and didn't know anyone there, I was still really excited to go. I was there from September 2011 to April 2012 completing 2 semesters. It was some good times! I'll make a post dedicated to that trip later on.

I have two older sisters, both in their twenties. I am super close with both of them and am lucky to have them as big sisters! I live with my dad and step mom and will occasionally spend the night at my mom's. Also super close with my mommy :)

I'm majoring in psychology and hopefully will become a counsellor at a high school. I would also love to put on workshops for teens and make cute little brochures like Emma from Glee. Also I would want to be the person in charge of "The Girls Club" at the school. That's the dream. Well as of right now. I also for sure want to be like one of them pro bloggers; also the dream. Also I would love to own my own etsy page and sell some of my art.

Segway.... my art! I love painting, drawing, sketching, doodling, crafts.. A bunch of different things. I do it mainly because I love to. It's great way to use my energy and creativity. It's how I get what's going through my head, outside into something physical. It's also a great stress reliever for me. Crafts make me happy and it's something fun to do :) If I could, I'd craft, cook and bake all day!

Right now I'm dating this fabulous guy, Mannfred. We've been dating for just over 20 months and are going strong! While I was at UNBC he was at UVIC (8 hour drive and a ferry ride away). Doing long distance sucked, but we made it through and as a result, got much much closer!

That's all that I can think of as of right now. If there's something else I feel like saying about myself, I will! If you've gotten this far, I thank-you! 

2 comments:

  1. So glad you have so many people in your life that love you, you definitely deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, those are such great goals in life to have and you're already working on two of them!! Impressive, Nik-uh-lah.

    ReplyDelete