Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Getting to Know Yourself Better

It's inevitable, it happens to everyone. From time to time we all get a little sad. And that's normal. It's completely normal to feel sad, angry, pissed off or scared. But it's also normal to feel positive emotions, like happiness, excitement and joy and we have a right to these positive emotions.

I feel like a lot of the time when I get upset, I just really need to get in touch with myself. As corny as that sounds, it's true. I may be mad at someone for being disrespectful or maybe I'm stressed about an unfortunate event. In the end it's me who's dealing these emotions and it's up to me to get better.

I feel like the better I know myself, the better I can cheer myself up.
The better I know myself, the better I can predict these negative emotions and prevent them.
The better I know myself, the better I can cope.

So I think we should all get to know ourselves a little better, or a lot better. It's really important to know what we like, what we don't like, what we want, what we don't want and what we need and don't need. It can be fun getting to know yourself. It's like hanging out with your best friend who knows you better than anyone else. And you don't have to feel guilty about talking about you and your problems the entire time.

So without further ado, here are some fun activities for you and yourself!
They're designed so that you get to know yourself a little better, but are also just for fun!
They're divided into different four categories: draw, write, think and do. Of course feel free to write out the activities under "draw", think about things under "write", etc. if that's what floats your boat!

Drawings:
  • Draw a picture of yourself (including all your beautiful flaws. Flaws are what make you YOU. Because of your flaws, no one's exactly quite like you. You are 100% unique and I think that's pretty fantastic)
  • Connect with your inner child and draw your ideal home. Don't think about logic or any of that nonsense. Is your home somewhere where it always snows? Is it on the beach? Made out of candy? In the middle of a mall?

Writing
  • List your top 10 favourite activities to do by yourself
  • Describe a childhood summer memory
  • list 30 (yes, thirty) things you like about yourself 
  • What is your favourite season and why

Think:
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  • What is your ideal job?
  • Do you see yourself retiring, or working for as along as you can? If you think you'll retire, where? And if you think you're going to be working, where? 

Do:
  • Go for a walk by yourself, at least 20 minutes
  • Make yourself a fancy meal (perhaps use gourmet items, or do a 3 course meal)
  • Indulge yourself by watching your favourite childhood movie

No comments:

Post a Comment